Sunday, October 28, 2012

poached eggs

It took me several tries to figure out how to make the perfect poached egg. The effort was absolutely worth it: poaching eggs has become one of my most favorite recipe for eggs. They become incomparable soft, creamy and I love how they melt.
I absolutely recommend to buy fresh organic eggs. Crack the egg into a small cup. Meanwhile let the water boil, add some vinegar and salt. Turn off the heat and let the water simmer - not cook! If the liquid is too unsteady the egg will dissolve in pieces as well as when the water is too cold. Now comes the fun part: Let the egg gently and fast slip into the simmering liquid. I use a wooden spoon to bring it into shape. Cook about 3-4 minutes until the egg white becomes solid, but the yolk is still soft. You can test its consistency by gently pushing against it. When you feel like you've reached the perfect point, take the egg out of the water and serve immediately with some salt sparkled on.

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe! :) I only tried poached egg once and it didn't come out that good. I definitely have to try it again! :)

    ReplyDelete