Thursday, September 27, 2012

eating out in hamburg

I recently spent a weekend in Hamburg and I have to say I really loved it. For eating out I checked a guide of vegetarian restaurants beforehand. Unfortunately, we only had time to check out a few of them, here are my impressions:

Piccolo Paradiso:
For lunch we had a lentil patty with pumpkin and potatoe vegetables. They also had a huge variety of salads. The friendly waitress gave us a free milk rise pudding with cinnamon shortly before it closed.

WakuWaku:
In the evening I had a ginger carrot soup in this organic fast-food restaurant. They are not exclusively vegetarian, but have a large variety of vegan and vegetarian dishes.The interior was very stylish and the soup was exactly what I needed after a cold day.

Hin & Veg!
It is truely a fast-food restaurant: you can get everything as vegetarian or even vegan. We had a cheese burger there for lunch.

Herr Max
We found this place by chance: it's the cutest tiny café. They serve homemade ice-sandwiches which we definitely had to try. We had one with brownie and the other with raspberry.

I'm sure Hamburg has a lot more great veggie spots we missed. I would be thrilled to hear your recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment